LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
Executive Candidate Profile
Executive Cybersecurity Leader with a background in governance, risk, compliance, and incident management, focused on relationship building, program development, as well as strategic policy and procedure development to execute innovative cybersecurity solutions.
Well versed in third party risk management, security awareness training, & cyber threat assessments. Has a passion to utilize a collaborative leadership approach to ensure optimal business outcomes from a secure IT perspective.
Cyber Threat Assessment & Intelligence
Third Party Risk Management
Security Awareness Training
Partnership Development & Management
Global, Cross-Functional & Executive Collaboration
Governance & Compliance
Training & Development
Bi-Lingual: English, Korean
Policy & Procedure Development
Recognition / Achievements
Responsible for the management of 4 Information Security Officers and the $5M Information Security Program budget, delivering an advanced cybersecurity maturity level for the $12B organization, generating the pivot from an unfavorable position to exceeding industry peers within 2 years.
- Oversaw the development of the Sarbanes-Oxley program and worked collaboratively with stakeholders to achieve SOX compliance, earning passing on all external audits.
- Performed as the first infosec hire, creating and implementing a cybersecurity strategy and framework to support organizational business objectives, cultivating relationships with management, securing cybersecurity posture and culture, as well as creating cybersecurity champions.
- Managed security services for military families and their information and data, maintaining privacy and confidentiality for individuals under 18 and VIPs, as well as tracking background information for 1K+ individuals.
SUNY at University of Buffalo – Bachelor of Arts, Geography
- IT Specialist 25B School – (20 Weeks COMPTIA/Cisco/DoD Certification School)
- CISSP, GCIH (GIAC), Security+, Network+, A+, CCNA Certified
- The United States Army
- Army Achievement Medal, National Defense Service Medal Army Service Ribbon, 25B Honors Graduate
- Technology Stack
- Technical: Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Carbon Black EDR, Qualys, Pentera, PhishMe, KnowBe4, ZenGRC, Symantec
- Frameworks: NIST, COSO, COBIT, ISO, FFIEC