TITLE: Tax Senior Manager
LOCATION: Toronto, Canada
Executive Candidate Profile
- 10 + years of experience in Canadian income tax providing excellent support to CPA firm partners
- 2 years of experience in corporate accounting policy management and financial analysis
- Strong knowledge of Canadian Income Tax Act and GAAP and sound knowledge of IFRS
- English (fluent in written & spoken); French (advanced in written & spoken); Mandarin (native)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Excel, CaseWare, Taxprep, BPC and MS Dynamics AX
- Extremely trustworthy when handling sensitive and confidential data
- Highly proficient in time sensitive situations and high pressure, fast-paced environments
- Regularly take the initiative to complete projects all while prioritizing effectively to accomplish multiple tasks within urgent deadlines
- Effective team player, both as a leader and a contributor
Recognition / Achievements
- Assisted the tax partner with a $300M M&A transaction (represented the seller) and helped the client to save approximately $20M in income taxes.
- Appointed as the tax compliance champion to manage all of the Canadian corporate income tax returns for the office.
- Passed all CPA, CGA examinations within 12 months (Top 5% nationwide as per CPA Ontario statistics) while working 59 hours per week during tax season.
- Successfully managed a CRA income tax audit where the client received additional income tax refunds.
- Received “exceptional performance” rating for the past 4 consecutive years by making tremendous contributions (e.g., billing clients, provide trainings to employees, etc.) to the firm.
- Saved 2 weeks of training time per new employee by authoring a 200-page general procedure manual for the company.
Education / Designations
- CICA In-Depth Tax Course (Part I, II & III completed)
- Chartered Professional Accountant, CPA, CGA (Honor)
- Bachelor of Commerce, Major in Accountancy (Bestowed membership into the Golden Key International)
Hobbies / Interests
- Cooking, travelling, play Ping-Pong, Taekwondo