LOCATION: Calgary, AB
Executive Candidate Profile
Accomplished senior executive with unbroken record of delivering innovative and transformational information technology solutions in a variety of industries and multiple roles.
Results-oriented Chief Information Officer, with strengths in strategy development, technology, negotiations, operations, and enterprise program delivery. A unique offering of exceptional leadership skills coupled with wide-ranging management expertise.
Committed to the development of people and achieving results through informed and engaged teams.
Recognition / Achievements
- Led corporate IT transformation moving to cloud solutions where appropriate in anticipation of a changing business model, a mobile workforce, and growth. Scope covered a transportation business with over 100 locations across North America and a workforce of 5000.
- Implemented a business intelligence program, exploring new ways to interpret and present information, including process quality metrics for the day to day management of the operation.
- Defined cyber security program, including initiatives to educate a diverse workforce.
- Directed all business functions to on-board numerous acquisitions, including a US acquisition that doubled the size of the company.
- Led a team of 170 professionals to provide cost effective shared services to the North American operation. Portfolio included IT, Financial Services, Strategic Planning, Internal Audit, Facilities, Purchasing and Risk & Insurance Services. Personally negotiated national supplier contracts across this varied portfolio to save $25M in direct costs.
- Successfully planned and oversaw all aspects of moving the corporate office (financial, people) to an open-plan suburban location. A collaborative office space was created, into which the staff moved with no disruption of services. The legacy data center was decommissioned, and servers relocated off-premise.
- Managed a commercial software product development team. Rescued a failing project by regaining customer confidence, delivering on schedule, and implementing quality measures into the software delivery process.
Education / Designations
- Frequent speaker, moderator, and panelist at security conferences
- Incident Response and Detection
- Data Breaches: Detection, Investigation, and Response
- Military Strategy and Tactics for Cyber Security
- Active member of the cybersecurity community
- Network and Internet Support Professional (with honours) – The Institute for Computer Studies
- Coordinated Business Program – York University
Hobbies / Interests
- Married, two grown children
- Avid swimmer and hiker
- Travel is not an issue
- Holds Canadian and USA citizenship