LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Executive Candidate Profile
Senior Manager with 25 years combined experience in System Design and Integration, Business Process Planning and Financial Auditing. Recognized as a key agent for defining and implementing cutting edge information and transformational solutions through the leveraging of computer technology and business acumen.
Demonstrated track record of developing strategic and efficient solutions to meet business information requirements while being accountable for the overall development, implementation and management of corporate IS strategy. In addition to excellent management, project management and analytical skills possesses a strong background of uniting various business departments into one common corporate vision.
Seeking a Senior Leadership role overseeing corporate business systems, technology, integration strategy and people through supporting, maturing and improving the organization’s goals as defined by Senior Management.
Recognition / Achievements
- Developed Oil and Gas industry leading conversion and data integration approaches and associated software to allow merging of organizations within short time lines (up to 200,000 boe/d have been successfully integrated into a $10 billion Oil and Gas company)
- Implemented Master Data Management standards to allow for efficient information flow of data between key departmental systems
- Key contributor to system controls related to: Data Governance, SOX, IFRS, COBIT audit issues, ITIL framework, Change Management, Quality Management, PMO and all related system documentation
- Implemented OCR accounts payable workflow process that led to a decrease in invoice processing time from over 60 days to an average of 12 days with cost savings of over $1,000,000/yr
- Oversaw projects that led to cost recoveries of over $10 million
- Responsible for capital budgets of $21 million and managing staff of 50 direct and indirect reports
Education / Designations
- CPA (Certified Management Accountant), Society of Management Accountants of Alberta
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), University of Alberta
- CIO Summit Leadership Development, Executive CIO Management Program, Ryerson University
- Blockchain Technologies: Business Innovation and Application, MIT (Sloan School of Management)
- Masters of Science in Business Analytics (Modules 1 and 2), NYU University (Stern School of Business)
Passions / Interests
- Motorbiking across Western Canada and United States
- Travelling throughout North, South and Central America
- Wildlife and scenic photography