LOCATION: Calgary, AB
Executive Candidate Profile
Seasoned finance professional with 20 years of experience in investment banking, corporate development, and investor relations. Significant deal experience gained from over 400 financing and merger & acquisition transactions with a combined value of over $25 billion. Diligent manager of various corporate development, accounting and communications initiatives with a publicly traded junior energy-tech developer. Fully committed to achieving outstanding results that contribute to the success of corporate and stakeholder goals.
- Action-oriented value creator
- Energetic and creative problem-solver, multi-tasker
- Effective communicator with a team-first attitude and win-win mentality
- Respectful manage
Recognition / Achievements
- Managed three rounds of financing that raised more than $6M for Vancouver-based clean-tech venture.
- Led relationships with key strategic customers during acquisition phase, leading to revenue growth from $0 to more than $2.65M over three years.
- Leading financing and potential exit activities for renewable energy start-up.
- Worked extensively with CFO and Managing Principals to grow Building Science Consulting firm from $18M in annual revenue to more than $30M in just three years via organic growth, geographic expansion, and competitive acquisitions.
- Led due diligence and integration process on the successful acquisition of a competing firm including business modeling, valuation assessment, and management of operational issues during start up.
- Negotiated multiple supply agreements with Chinese manufacturers, yielding a 14% reduction in lead time and 5% reduction in product cost.
- Led the development of short- and medium-term financial projections for planning, operation, and fund-raising purposes, resulting in more than $1M in funding during fiscal 2018.
- Cleaned up corporate records, including bringing financial statements and legal records up to date and ensuring cap table is accurate and clean, to prepare business for fund-raising.
Education / Designations
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Calgary
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, geoSCOUT, Xi Technologies, Bloomberg, Capital IQ, and QuickBooks